Sunday, July 4, 2010

Chicago Joe



Due to the early start this spring, Chicago Joe day lily bloomed early.
A blossom greeted us this morning on the 4th of July.
The stem of buds had been so close to opening. So I cut and brought it along with me to the lake for the weekend.
Expect the other bud on the stem to open in the morning.

Around sunset this beautiful blossom began to droop and shrivel. 
Day lily means just that - one day.
Fortunately the first accomplishment of the day was shooting some photos.
So I will be able to look at Chicago Joe for many more days.

1 comment:

  1. We have one close to this color. I never knew its name since the previous owners planted all the lilies. I love them to death. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.