Friday, April 9, 2010

Hepatica in Blue

There's a carpet of Hepatica blooming under the winged Euonymus bushes which seem to still be in a winter dormant state. 
No leaves, of course, and not even a hint of swelling buds as yet. 
There are only three of the Hepatica that have a hint of bluish color; and this one has the deepest hue of blue. The rest are in shades of lavender and pink.
#Hepatica

Posted via email from maw's posterous

4 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous liverlily blooms. A wonderful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peg, your photos are wonderful. I'd love to know what camera you are using. The blues are my favorite in the gardens.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mary. S Macro, lying on the ground.
    Olympus SP-550UZ (2007) 18X Optical Zoom
    Envy the newest model with 26X; but will wait awhile yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.