Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Flicker Activity

 


This male Northern Flicker continues to come to our platform most every day to eat from the suet cake. And while he's there he also takes pieces of shelled sunflower and peanuts.

 The female comes to the feeder less frequently. And I've yet to get a good photograph of her visits. She's quite a bit more shy than he; and spooks so easily. It's almost as if she can see me inside the kitchen.

I was tickled to get this particular photo because I'm pretty certain he was trying to detect any movement inside our kitchen window also. Can you see him giving me 'the eye'? 

This is the renamed Flicker, formerly known as Yellow-shafted Flicker.
But for some reason the Red-shafted Flicker kept it's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.