Thursday, July 21, 2016

Hummingbird Feeders

This type of hummingbird feeder no longer is used at our house:







Because I am not interested in spending the time required to keep it clean and safe for the birds. And up until last summer I had used this type almost exclusively. But no more!

Because then.....I saw this smaller, cup-shaped feeder and the birds seem to like it too.





It is so easily taken apart and cleaned. And as a result has made feeding the hummingbirds more enjoyable for me. 

I will continue to supplement with this clever tube feeder not only because it is a treasured gift; but also because the birds seem to like it too.  And it is hands down the easiest of all feeders to wash and keep clean.


Doing dishes for the birds is just kind of crazy when the summertime is so short in this part of Wisconsin. Yet I don't want to be responsible for making them sick. We are fortunate to have the chance to see them most every day. And they definitely bring a smile to everyone's face when they show up.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.