| Common Loon family of 2015 |
Unfortunately one of the two Loon chicks disappeared within 48 hours. And now the other chick has been lost. There have been repeated attacks of harassment by a pair of Bald eagles who have a nest approximately 1 mile North of Ward Lake.
These photos were taken while sitting on the steps of our small cabin. Lower left photo shows the distance from my perch on the concrete. They would come in fairly close to shore as they were diving for small fish to feed the chick. Seemingly paying little or no attention to me as I sat there. I never did walk down toward the shore to improve my vantage point for photography for fear they would retreat.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.
So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.