It was back in October that I entered a brand new George ( $1 bill ) at the Where's George website and then put a bright red stamp onto it. It was a crisp bill that was going out into circulation for the very first time.
Next George was used to pay for something at the local Target store. And yesterday that George turned up again. This time in Bella Vista, Arkansas! That marks the very first time that one of my bills as shown up in that state. And it had only taken 77 days, 19 hours and 9 minutes for him to reappear. George now has been entered in 45 different states in our country. Leaving five more to go -
In the West George needs to find his way to Wyoming. In the East he hopefully will show up in Delaware soon. And deep down in the South he still hasn't been entered in Mississippi, Louisiana or Alabama. I know for a fact that at least one of my bills is in both Mississippi and Alabama; but as yet un-entered.
Needless to say I'm eagerly awaiting that next text message or email from George. Hoping for a notification that someone has taken the time to go to the site and get him entered.
Today George turned up 10 different times in the states of North Dakota, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota. Fingers crossed for luck in a new & different state tomorrow. Or better yet a foreign country!
Thanks for your support ~

Whee! Go Arkies!
ReplyDeleteRemember things move slowly in the deep south.
Way to go George :-)
ReplyDelete...with his birthday fast approaching on Feb 22, maybe you'll get another hit too. I got a George bill once about 3 years ago. We looked it up and entered it, but I haven't gotten any since.
ReplyDelete