Sunday, October 31, 2010

Eastern Screech Owl

Discovered an Eastern Screech Owl perched inside one of our Wood duck boxes today.
These owls are polychromatic: they show gray or red color morphs.

This little bird sat, napping in the opening of the Wood duck box during the afternoon. But when the sun went down at 6:08 pm, it began alertly looking every which way.
And at 6:18 it flew out and onto a branch of a small tree nearby. Five minutes later it flew up near the top of a large red oak tree. Then I could no longer see it.

#Crepuscular  #Screech Owl

Posted via email from Peg's posterous

2 comments:

  1. This little guy is adorable. Beautiful photo, Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I missed this post. LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.