Monday, May 31, 2010

Lupine Fields Forever


Approximately two years ago Stacey planted one Lupine near the Peterson Bluebird box Up N at the cabin on Ward Lake.

Last year it surprised us by seeding itself and there were about a dozen new blooming Lupine plants. And all of them were the traditional purple spikes.

But this year there is a 'field of Lupines" growing along the bank, almost to the shoreline. And they are beautiful!

Among them are several pink Lupines and a couple of those are a two-tone pink. There's some bluish blossom spikes also.

And here are Stacey and Lucy in the field of Lupines!


Lucy is Stacey's mask. 
And Stacey's behind those patriotic, red white & blue sunglasses.
The plan had been to get both Yorkies into the photo.
And poor Hottie got left out, inside the cabin.

4 comments:

  1. I loved this. I can't seem to grow them here. Some kind of bug gets to them and I hate to use poison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be forever , they sure are spreading ... I hope it is not a curse of the lupines ! I sure do love the purple and am grateful you and Dad like them too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that lupine were so TALL! I need some of those in the back of my flower beds. I wonder if they come in orange.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holyoke Home, Stacey is sitting on the ground among the field of lupines.
    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.