Although this blooming Crabapple tree is mere feet outside our kitchen window, it does not belong to us.
It belongs to our neighbors to the S of us and is planted almost on the property line.
And while it is pretty now, for the rest of the entire year it is a plague upon our house.
Blight-fallen leaves during the summer and fallen little nasty apples the rest of the year. It hangs above our gutters and drops it's nasty little gifts.
Shortly after it had been planted rabbits chewed the little trunk to the ground. Unfortunately it only grew back more robust.
It's shade was unwelcomed by my prolific Iris garden. And eventually both the Iris & I gave up.
True Robins enjoy its shelter as a nesting site. But it now has grown big enough to block my only southernly view of the sky from that room.
There are far too many trees in our cozy little neighborhood, making it difficult to see much open sky. When I heard the call of an Osprey, or when I heard a couple of Eagle voices in loud disagreement, I look; but I usually cannot see them. It has given me a whole different outlook on the leafless winter trees. I love that opportunity to see the birds soaring overhead.
Its shade probably cools our kitchen. But other than the short window of time that these gorgeous blossoms are the view from my kitchen, I *hate* that tree. And those are words that I've never used before in regard to any trees.
Okay now I feel better for having gotten that out of my system for yet another year.
Thanks for listening.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.
So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.