Walked along the Old Dike Road yesterday to look at the spring flood as the St. Croix River overflows its banks.
And discovered this pair of Mallards foraging among the trees & shrubs that are now submerged in water.
The Drake stood out as the sun reflected off the iridescence of his beautiful feathers. But the Hen was almost camouflaged by her brown plumage.He was quite confrontational as I tried to move a bit closer for photos.
So I backed off and just watched awhile. And then left them in peace.

And discovered this pair of Mallards foraging among the trees & shrubs that are now submerged in water.
The Drake stood out as the sun reflected off the iridescence of his beautiful feathers. But the Hen was almost camouflaged by her brown plumage.He was quite confrontational as I tried to move a bit closer for photos.
So I backed off and just watched awhile. And then left them in peace.

Hi Peg. I don't know how I missed that all those apparent headlines were links to your blog. D'oh! I can't figure out how to use networked blogs.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I love these pictures, absolutely love 'em!
ddc57201/Cheryl Duford