Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Gesneriads, Chocolate Episcia


Variegated foliage on this particular Episcia has a pink cast to it and is almost prettier itself than the rather small blossoms.  Although the deep red blooms are very pretty, they are also rather small. 

The Chocolate Episcia liked being under the full-spectrum fluorescent lights.

This never was a very large plant; but had many multiple runners.

 As the leaves matured, they would fade somewhat in color and also would lose some of the pretty pinkness in the variegation.
 ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺   ➺



1 comment:

  1. The leaves of this plant are stunning. I love their patterning. Gorgeous colour of blooms too. Your photographs are a treat to view.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.

So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.