Because I follow several very interesting and informative blogs, I had a thought that I might make an attempt to put some of my sightings and experiences into a blog all my own. But perhaps I found my favorite blogs a bit too inspiring because now that I'm sitting down at the computer, I'm having some difficulty deciding just what it is that I would like to say about "My View" today.
If I were posting a photo relevant to this day, it should be something blue and cold or white like snow; but that is not what I would want to look at right now. No surprise there.
The temperatures have been below zero for several days now. And when faced with the cold reality of January, I'd much prefer to look at a pretty blossom or a photo of a bird or another critter.
So here is one of my favorite flowers. The American Columbine is almost a weed in places. It truly is a "wildflower". But it is just as happy growing in our gardens. Much appreciated by both the birds and the bees. And each May it greets the Ruby-throated Hummingbirds returning to Wisconsin for the summer.
Many a Memorial Day weekend is cold and rainy. But the Columbine will be blooming and providing nectar for hungry Hummers.
And I've many joyful memories of watching both the Hummingbirds and the Indy 500 as the rain drops are falling outside the window of "My View".
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for your comment and thoughts.
I will leave any response here.
So please check back because I will respond to any comments or attempt to answer any questions.